Amir (Artist, IT Professional)STATEMENT As an individual with schizoid personality disorder, one of my main difficulties in life was understanding people’s emotions through their verbal or facial expression. I somehow became a master in presenting or questioning those missing emotions in my figurative language and imaginative gestures. Poetic thinking, emotional challenge, body movement and three-dimensional composition are my substantial ingredients in sculpting. I also paint and draw to feed my love of various styles and colors. LANGUAGES
Farsi: Fluent ACADEMIC EDUCATIONS 2016-2019- Masters of Art (M.A.) Art History. University of Montreal. (GPA: 3.66/4 – excluding the score of surplus courses in cinematography) . Research subject: “Artistic values after 1900: a study based on theories of the econo-politics, market, marketing, political ethics and consumer’s psychology.” 2004- 2006 – Master of Applied Science (M.Sc.A), Software Engineering. University of Montreal – Polytechnique Montreal (GPA: 3.63 /4). Research subject: “Application des Hyperliens de Wikipedia pour Expansion de la Requête de Recherche sur le web” 2004 – 2007 – Master of Advanced Science (D.E.S.S.), Management – Part time – parallel study -University of Montreal – HEC Montreal (GPA : 2.9/4) 1995-2000 - B.Sc., Software Engineering
Beheshti University of Tehran 1995-2000 OTHER STUDIES IN ART, ARCHITECTURE AND CINEMA: 2008 and after:
- -Film Analysis (Cinema) : Academic course at University of Montreal
- -Experimental Cinema and author’s movie (Cinema) : Academic course at University of Montreal
- -Waves and currents in Contemporary cinema (Cinema) : Academic course at University of Montreal
- -Movements of the Contemporary cinema (Cinema) : Academic course at University of Montreal
- -Literary adaptation in Cinema (Cinema) : Academic course at University of Montreal
- -Camera angle and framing (Cinema) : Summer workshop at University of Montreal
- - Art of montage(Cinema) : Seasonal workshop at University of Montreal
- -Montage with Premier Pro I (Cinema) : Seasonal workshop at University of Montreal
- - Scenario writing(Cinema) : Seasonal workshop at University of Montreal
- -Directing Production (Cinema) : Seasonal workshop at University of Montreal
- - Acrylic techniques in painting : Seasonal workshop at University of Montreal
- -Portrait Painting: Gary Smith (portrait painter)
- -Sculpting Workshop on Human Head: Philippe Coudari (Sculptor)
- -Decorating studies, High school supervised training in Construction Planning and Design (Contemporary Urban Architecture): My parents (Architect)
- -Watercolor private course: Aydin Aghdashloo (Visual Artist)
- -Watercolor and charcoal private course: Parviz Izadpanah (Visual Artist)
- -Introduction to clay sculpting and volume recognition: Siavash Modafeyi (Makeup Artist)
- -Drawing courses: Iraj Javanshir (Caricaturist)
- Portrait and Figure Sculpting: Water based Clay, Polymer Clay, Soap Stone, Alabaster
- Painting and Sketching: Conté, Pastel, Acrylic, Water Color
- Molding and Casting (Brushing and Pourable): Silicon Robber, Polyurethane Robber, Gypsum Cement, Hydro Stone, Tuf Stone, Resin, Bronze cold casting, Life Casting
- Pumpkin Carving
VISUAL ART EXHIBITIONS / CO-EXHIBITIONS
* My Participation in coming shows are approved by the hosts.
September 2015 : 1 Days Figure Drawing and Visual Art Show and Exhibition in NeekOn Festival, Received Honorary Artist Award and Material cost Fees for Portrait painting in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CAJune 2016 : 5 Days International Festival of Montreal en Art (FIMA) , Sec, Montreal July 2015 : 5 Days International Festival of Montreal en Art (FIMA) , Sec, Montreal May 2015 : RAW Natural Born Artist, Cabaret La Tulipe, Montreal April 2015 : 2 days Co Exhibition, Glassdoor Galley of Montreal, St Laurent, Montreal November 2014 : 6 days in Art en Capital, France, Grand Palais Exhibition Centre Show and Sale, Paris Aug 2014 : Canadian Masters Exhibition, Gallery Hittite, 107 Scollard, Yorkville, Ontario July 2014 : Aurora Town Park Outdoor Exhibition, Aurora Town Park, Aurora, Ontario April 2014 : Vaughan Film Festival, Selected artists to exhibit in Vaughan International Film Festival Award Show 2014, Vaughan, Ontario, March 2014 : Art Galleria Expo at Cube Night Club and Rooftop, 314 Queen St W Toronto Ontario, visual art co-exhibition February 2014 : Art Galleria Expo at Tattoo Rock Parlour Night Club, 567 Queen St W Toronto Ontario, visual art co-exhibition February 2014 : Artists On The Rise Painting Exhibition, Luc Sculpture Gallery , 663 Greenwood Ave/Danforth,Toronto
January 2014 : Moniker Gallery, Spitting Images, 435 Richmond St W, Toronto Ontario, Figurative art co-exhibitionDecember 2013: Gallery Hittite, December Monthly Show, 107 Scollard, Yorkville, ON April 2013: Tattoo Rock Parlour Night Club, 567 Queen St W Toronto Ontario, visual art co-exhibition and performance Show and Sale October 2013: Epique Longue Artist Group Show, 120 Cumberland St, Yorkville September 2013: Aurora Public Library Display, 15145 Yonge St, aurora, ON September 2013: Aurora Studio Tour, Home Studio, 57 Earl Stewart Dr, Aurora, ON July 2013: Art Galleria Expo, Tattoo Rock Parlour Night club, 567 Queen St W Toronto Ontario, visual art co-exhibition June 2013: Aurora Jazz festival and outdoor show, Aurora Town Park, ON June 2013: Art Fusion Outdoor Collectives, Mel Lastman Sq, Willowdale Toronto May 2013: Kamasutrah Erotic Show, House of Moments, 386 Carlaw Ave. Toronto, On February 2013: Tattoo Rock Parlour Night Club, 567 Queen St W Toronto Ontario, visual art co-exhibition and performance Show and Sale January 2013: Daniels spectrum center, 585 Dundas St W Toronto, Art Fusion Collective Jam, visual Art, Music, Dance, Acrobat and Performance show August 2012: XS Night Club, 261 Richmond St W Toronto, visual art co-exhibition and performance Show and Sale November 2012: Centre of Gravity, 1300 Garrard St E Toronto, Art Fusion Show Halloween Performance June 2012: Devil’s Martini Night Club, 473 Adelaide W Toronto, visual art co-exhibition and performance Show and Sale October 2011: Studio 561, 561 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON visual art co-exhibition and performance Show SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS
- Academy Scholar Merit Award, New York Academy of Art, 2015, NY, USA. Award accompanied an admission for M.F.A. Sculpting at New York Academy of Art, New York (Scholar year: 2014/2015)
- Artist Honorary Award and Material cover for portrait painting, Neekon Festival, San Francisco,USA
- Received Mention honorble Award in group exhibition, Pastel Toujours 20th edition, Pastel Society of Eastern Canada. April 2017. Jury’s commentary: For Harmony of colours and composition
- Received Artist Honorary Award for live portrait drawing including Material Cost fees from Neekon Festival, September 2015, Golden Gate Park and de Young museum of Arts, San Francisco, CA, U.S.A.
- Published IEEE computer society article titled: “Flow Classification over Internet or How to Catch Flows in a Markovian Hunting Net” and “Fast Flow Classification over Internet”, accepted in CNSR 2004 conference, Canada, ISBN: 0-7695-2096-0.
- Scholarship financial grant of Egide, sponsored by French government, for pre-doctoral research in network performance analysis and traffic control at Lip6 library (Paris 6 University).
- Scholarship financial grant for Masters’ research offered by University of Montreal – Ecole Polytechnique Montreal. Research subject: Adaptive Internet Search by Using Wikipedia for Query Expansion.
- Rotary outstanding service citation for high school student CampEnterprise activity; Signed by Chairman J. Laurion.